What is Coca de Trampo?
Trampó Salad easily combines the most tasty ingredients and so does Coca de Trampó. Yet, for Coca these ingredients go into the oven and for that we need a bottom. The Spaniards make a kind of bread dough for that and hence it’s often referred to as flatbread.
All you need is an oven and a bit of patience.
Serves 3 as a side dish
For the dough
- ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) of water
- ± 600 grams (20 Oz) of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the toppings
- 2 big tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper, sliced and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced and chopped
How to make Coca de Trampo
Prep time: 10 min. | Wait time: 35 min.
- Take all ingredients for the dough and knead well together. First use about 90% of the flour and add olive oil and water in steps such that you get a nice substance. If the the dough is too ‘wet’, add a bit of extra flour.
The dough should not be dry, but also not stick to your hands. If too ‘wet’, add a bit extra flour.
Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360 °F).
- Meanwhile cut the vegetables in any way you like them to be on your coca.
- After the dough has rested for 20 minutes, add the vegetables on top of the dough and put into the oven for 25 minutes.
Recipe: Coca de Trampó
Prep: 10 min.
Wait: 35 min.
Total: 45 min.
Ingredients: onion, green sweet pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, tomato, flour, salt
Type of meal: side dish